Natalie Hazzard is a special counsel in the real estate group with a focus on construction law. She has more than 18 years' of experience advising and acting for clients in a range of commercial and construction transactions and disputes including:
- contract drafting and negotiation
- contract administration and project management
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration, expert determination and mediation.
Natalie is particularly adept at working closely with business to resolve complex contracting issues that arise in the construction industry. Her extensive experience in disputes allows her to identify risks and advise on strategies to maximize outcomes for clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Natalie was a principal and owner of a law practice for a period of six years advising on all aspects of commercial transactions and disputes, with particular expertise in the building and construction industry. She also spent six years as the General Counsel for a smartphone software developer and publisher as well as consultant General Counsel for a research institute with global operations in the optometric field.
Between 2008 and 2016, Natalie was a Commercial Litigation (Building and Construction) specialist accredited by the Law Society of New South Wales. Her background in disputes helps her identify risks and apply strategies to negotiate best available outcomes in commercial and construction contracts.
- "Security of Payment: What do Adjudicators Look For?", UNSW Edge Constructive Law Intensive, 10 March 2022
- "Limitations of Enforcement of Security of Payments and Challenging Determinations", Legal Wise, 15 September 2021