Nicole Mueller’s practice is focused in litigation under the federal and state securities laws and litigation arising out of mergers and acquisitions, other transactions and corporate governance matters. Her experience includes representing investment advisers, corporate officers and directors, and independent trustees in derivative lawsuits, investigations, and actions brought pursuant to Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act of 1940. Nicole also practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation and arbitration, regulatory disputes, and employment law.
Nicole was a summer associate at K&L Gates. During law school, she served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Joan Humphrey Lefkow in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Nicole served as a teaching assistant for the Legal Writing and Research courses taken by first-year and international students. She also worked as a research assistant for the Environmental Advocacy Center at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law’s Bluhm Legal Clinic and participated in the Supreme Court Clinic. Nicole served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Social Policy. Nicole served as the Treasurer for the Northwestern chapter of the American Constitution Society and Liaison to the Chicago chapter of the American Constitution Society. Prior to attending law school, she worked as a field organizer, training volunteers to coordinate political campaigns in their communities, and later as a legal assistant in a general practice law firm in Illinois.
- Listed in the “Ones to Watch” section, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, Emerging Lawyer, Commercial Litigation 2017
- American Constitution Society
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Illinois Bar Association
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital Junior Council (Junior Board Member, supporting the Pediatric and Adolescent HIV and AIDS Program)
- Tufts University CASE Network (Mentor)
- “Regulation of Cryptocurrencies and ICOs,” K&L Gates Chicago Investment Management Conference, November 13, 2018
- “Registered Fund Litigation Update,” K&L Gates Chicago Investment Management Conference, November 13, 2018
- “Registered Fund Litigation Update,” K&L Gates Chicago Investment Management Conference, January 31, 2018.
- “Crowdfunding Bill May Become State Law,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Volume 161, No. 109, 4 June 2015
- "GOLDMAN SACHS: K&L Gates Attorneys Discuss Class Action Ruling," Class Action Prospector, 28 July 2021
- "CDLB People," Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 11 March 2021