Pam Kohli Jacobson is a partner, patent attorney, and firmwide practice group coordinator of IP procurement and portfolio management at K&L Gates. She has a broad intellectual property practice that ranges from portfolio management to litigating IP disputes throughout the United States. Prior to law school, she worked as a research scientist in artificial intelligence in the area of autoimmune disease research at the University of Chicago and ozone depletion research at Honeywell f/k/a Allied Signal Corp.
Pam has been recognized by industry publications as a leading practitioner in intellectual property law. She has been a frequent lecturer at the University of Washington School of Law and at its Center for Advanced Study & Research on Intellectual Property.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Pam was a partner at a boutique intellectual property firm in Seattle and a Seattle general practice firm where she led its intellectual property group.
- Listed in the World’s Leading Trademark Professionals by World Trademark Review 1000 (2020)
- Named one of the Top 50 women lawyers in Washington by Super Lawyers (2018)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America for Patent Law (2019-2020)
- Listed as an “IP Star” in Managing IP, 2020
- Selected to Washington Super Lawyers list (2014–2018)
- Top Washington Women Attorneys Intellectual Property (2014-2016)
- Corporate LiveWire Global Awards--Trade Secret (2016)
- Selected to Washington Rising Stars list (2008-2010)
- Adjunct Professor, Intellectual Property Law, University of Washington School of Law
- Member, Intellectual Property and Litigation Sections, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association
- Member, International Trademark Association Public and Media Relations Committee
- Board Member, Seattle Chapter, Licensing Executives Society (2012-2013)
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Washington State Patent Law Association
- State Board Member, Co-Vice President, Professional Development (2012-2015) Washington Women Lawyers
- Presenter, "Sanctions and Attorneys' Fees Post Octane Fitness," AIPLA, March 28, 2016.
- Presenter, "Intellectual Property and Privacy Litigation," PSAA, February 19, 2016.
- Presenter, "Trademark Prosecution," Center for Advanced Study & Research on Innovation Policy at the University of Washington, July 20, 2015.
- Presenter, "Tackling Local Patent Rules," LaWorld, Washington D.C., April 30, 2015.
- Presenter, "Intellectual Property Litigation: Avoiding Common Pitfalls," Harmonie Seminar, Denver, Colorado, October 8, 2015.
- Moderator, "Examining the Ethics of Attorney Communications" with Chief Judge Marsha Pechman of the Western District of Washington, Jeanne Marie Clavere, WSBA’s Professional Responsibility Counsel; Lucinda Fernald, General Counsel for Garvey Schubert Barer; and, Michele Storms, Assistant Dean and Executive Director for University of Washington School of Law, October 11, 2013.
- Presenter, "Emerging Issues in US Patent Law," LAWorld Conference, Boston, October 5, 2013.
- Presenter, “Trademark Priority, USPTO Practice and the Madrid System,” University of Washington School of Law, November 2012.
- Presenter, “Developing and Protecting Your Brand,” NW Entrepreneur Network Intellectual Property Workshop, July 2012.
- Presenter, “Trademark Enforcement,” Breakfast Briefing at Christensen O’Connor Johnson Kindness, February 2012.
- Presenter, “Copyright Overview,” Northwest Entrepreneur Network Intellectual Property Workshop, March 16, 2011.