Paul Tetlow is a partner in the firm's London office. His practice includes a diverse range of corporate areas, such as company flotations on the Official List and AIM, public company takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, family office investments, and venture capital investments. His clients include mining and oil and gas companies, financial services corporations, funds, consultancy and services businesses, technology-related venture companies, and sports rights businesses. Most recently he has been involved with family office investments and joint ventures, placings and admissions on AIM, pre-IPO placings and proposed flotations for oil and gas and mining companies, joint ventures for oil and gas companies, as well as venture capital investments in relation to renewable energy projects.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Paul was partner in the London office at another large international firm.
Paul is recognised by Chambers & Partners UK and Legal 500 UK; he is ranked in band 2 for Capital Markets: AIM and commentary includes, “Paul Tetlow acts on behalf of a range of NOMADs, AIM-listed companies and sponsors on placings and fund-raisings, often advising on deals connected to the energy industry. One impressed client calls him a "go-to person for ECM transactions in the oil and gas sector." Chambers & Partners Capital Markets: AIM 2017.
Paul is also ranked in band 4 for Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market and commentary includes, “Paul Tetlow has a broad sector coverage and often handles deals in the energy and technology industries. "He has a real 'can-do' attitude and understanding of what does and what doesn’t need to be done and drawn to our attention," says a client. Chambers & Partners Corporate/M&A: Mid-Market 2016.
- London Energy Group
- Speaker, Boardroom Risk Seminar in partnership with The Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA), November 2014
- Speaker, K&L Gates Real Estate Breakfast Seminar - Global Real Estate Trends and Opportunities for 2014, September 2014
- Speaker, Asian Alternative Investments Network seminar - Raising Capital on the UK market - IPOs, Small Cap Stocks and International Perspective, June 2014
- Speaker, Benchmark Pricing in the Metals Sector: the future after the LIBOR and Petroleum-Pricing Investigations, October 2013
- Moderator, Unconventional Resource Development Outside of North America, June 2013
- Speaker, K&L Gates Oil & Gas Conference – Shale Gas 2012 (in cooperation with the Warsaw Stock Exchange), November 2012
- Speaker, K&L Gates First Annual Poland Oil & Gas Seminar, November 2011
- Speaker, European Unconventional Gas Summit, September 2011
- Speaker, AIM Market and SPAC's - vehicles for emerging markets investment, April 2006
- Speaker, Using the Capital Markets for Biofuels Companies, Biofuels Conference, February 2006
- Speaker, Financial Promotions and the Prospectus Regulations, Corporate Finance for Commercial Lawyers Conference, 2005
- Speaker, The Use of Venture Capital, Restructuring and Developing Businesses Conference, 2005
- Speaker, Legal Aspects of Flotation, AIM Conference, 2004
- Speaker, The Issue of Shares, Share Capital Conference, 2004
- Speaker, Preparing the Company, Venture Capital Conference, 2004
- Co-author, Capital Raising with Cash in the Box, Westlaw Business Currents, December 2, 2010
- Co-author, Fast Track to Success, Westlaw Business Currents, November 11, 2010
- Co-author, Leaner but Stronger - a critique on AIM's performance this year, AIM Zine, Summer 2010
- Author, Paths to glory, M&A Magazine, July 27, 2010
- Co-author, Projects and energy: Rock solid returns, legalweek.com, October 16, 2008