Paweł Piotrowski, a partner in the firm's Doha office, is a projects lawyer concentrating in EPC contracts. He assists with public procurement matters as part of his practice and is well recognised for his knowledge of public-private partnerships (PPP). Pawel has been involved in negotiating and drafting all forms of project agreements, including procurement regime, contractual documentation, construction, and financing in various jurisdictions, including Qatar, Poland, Singapore, Pakistan, Indonesia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Saudi Arabia and in various sectors, including social infrastructure (schools), transport (motorways, metro, airports, railways, car parks), oil and gas, sport infrastructure (2022 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2012), waste management (waste to energy incineration plants), water and sewage, ports (container terminal), health care (radiotherapy centres), and energy (construction of new plants, CCS projects).
Pawel has more than 14 years of professional experience in the field of PPPs, construction contracts, project finance, and public procurement.
He is a member of the Society of Construction Law (Gulf), overseas member of the Society of Construction Law (UK), and a member of the Public Procurement Law Association (Poland). Pawel has authored a number of publications promoting PPPs/concessions, and he lectured at postgraduate studies on PPPs at the Warsaw School of Economics (SGH).
- Member of the Band 2 Projects & Energy practice in Qatar (Chambers Global 2021)
- Ranked by Chambers Global 2021 – Projects and Energy in Qatar:
- Paweł Piotrowski is fast establishing himself as a go-to figure for Qatari PPPs, offering considerable experience in procurement-related issues and contract drafting. One client enthused: "Paweł is really, really good. He's really accessible, gets back to you quickly, has a really commercial approach and understands transactions from a high level."
- Member of the Property & Construction team of the Year for three consecutive years (Qatar Business Law Forum 2018-2020, LexisNexis)
- Named a "Rising Star" in the 2015 edition of the legal professionals’ ranking published by LexisNexis Poland and Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Recognized by Chambers Europe 2015 - Projects and Infrastructure:
- Associate-to-watch Paweł Piotrowski specialises in EPC contracts and also has experience of project finance, PPP and public procurement. He was part of the team advising Polskie LNG on amending construction contracts for the development of the first LNG terminal in Poland.
- Recognized by Chambers Europe 2015 and Chambers Europe 2014 - Public Procurement:
- Described as "dedicated and experienced" Paweł Piotrowski is particularly well regarded for EPC contracts. He was recently part of the team advising EEW Energy on a PPP project with the City of Poznań for the construction of a regional communal waste incineration plant.
- Panelist, “Global Hydrogen Policy Developments: An Update for Qatar," Qatar Business Law Forum, 24 November 2021
- Member of the Warsaw Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers - since 2006, fully qualified - since 2010
- Co-author, “K&L Gates: The H2 Handbook - Middle East,” August 2021