Paweł Piotrowski, a counsel in the firm’s Doha office, is a projects lawyer concentrating in EPC contracts. He assists with public procurement matters as part of his practice and is well recognised for his knowledge of public-private partnerships (PPP). Pawel has been involved in negotiating and drafting all forms of project agreements, including procurement regime, contractual documentation, construction and financing in various jurisdictions, including Qatar, Poland, Singapore, Pakistan, Indonesia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia and in various sectors, including transport (motorways, metro, airports, railways, car parks), oil and gas, sport infrastructure (2022 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2012), waste management (incineration plants), water and sewage, ports (container terminal), healthcare (radiotherapy centres) and energy (construction of new plants, CCS projects).
Pawel has more than 13 years of professional experience in the field of PPPs, construction contracts, project finance and public procurement.
He is an overseas member of the Society of Construction Law (UK) and a member of the National Contract Management Association (US) and the Public Procurement Law Association (Poland). Pawel has authored a number of publications promoting PPPs/concessions, and he lectured at postgraduate studies on PPPs at the Warsaw School of Economics (SGH).
- Member of the Property & Construction team of the Year 2018 (Qatar Business Law Forum 2018, LexisNexis)
- Named a "Rising Star" in the 2015 edition of the legal professionals’ ranking published by LexisNexis Poland and Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Recognized by Chambers Europe 2015 - Projects and Infrastructure:
- Associate-to-watch Paweł Piotrowski specialises in EPC contracts and also has experience of project finance, PPP and public procurement. He was part of the team advising Polskie LNG on amending construction contracts for the development of the first LNG terminal in Poland.
- Recognized by Chambers Europe 2015 and Chambers Europe 2014 - Public Procurement:
- Described as "dedicated and experienced" Paweł Piotrowski is particularly well regarded for EPC contracts. He was recently part of the team advising EEW Energy on a PPP project with the City of Poznań for the construction of a regional communal waste incineration plant.
- Member of the Warsaw Regional Chamber of Legal Advisers - since 2006, fully qualified - since 2010