Philip Perrotta is a partner in the firm’s London office where he is responsible for the aviation finance group and is a member of the asset and corporate finance practice group. The nature of his practice is truly international and he frequently works with clients across Europe and South East Asia, specifically in Milan and Singapore as part of the service provided to clients in this practice area.
He is an aviation finance and aviation specialist, recognized as a “leading expert,” regularly receiving commendations in the legal directories, for example for being “very strong” and “dealing with all the big points without ever over-lawyering them.” He is “experienced” and ensures “an excellent and accessible service” to clients. (Legal 500).
He acts for a broad range of significant aircraft lenders, lessors and operators globally, and has successfully concluded literally hundreds of transactions involving commercial and business aircraft, aero engines and other aviation assets in jurisdictions in all the continents.
He is a regular contributor at industry events and often requested to comment on relevant developments in a variety of segments of the aviation finance market.
Prior to joining the firm, Philip was Managing Partner in the London office of a global law firm, as well as head of that firm’s aviation finance and leasing practice. He is a prominent participant in the aviation and aviation finance market and, since 2013, has been a contributor to the Aviation and Aviation Finance & Leasing editions of the Legal Guide published by Global Legal Group, for the last 3 years as editor. He regularly interviews for industry media outlets at their request, including recently for Avionews in relation to the high-profile and long-standing developments with the national flag carrier of Italy, Alitalia, In a previous stage of his career, Philip was Legal Director of the aviation services business including aircraft asset management of a major European aircraft manufacturer.
- China Business Law Journal's Deal of the Year 2021
- Solicitors Final Examination, College of Law, 1990
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation 2020 – contributing editor and author of "Investing in Mid-Life Aviation Assets"
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation 2021 – contributing editor and author of "'Still' Investing in Mid-Life Aviation Assets"
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation 2022 – contributing editor and author of "Investing in Mid-Life Aviation Assets – The Final Edition"
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2020 – contributing editor and author of "Aviation Finance & Leasing – A Perspective in 2020"
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2021 – contributing editor and author of "The Freighter Aircraft Sector - New Perspectives"
- International Comparative Legal Guide: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2022 – contributing editor and author of "Aviation Finance and ESG Imperatives – Where Do Things Stand?"