Our fund formation lawyers advise fund sponsors on all aspects of private equity and venture capital funds around the world. We advise sponsors ranging from emerging managers raising US$10 million to institutional managers raising over US$5 billion. We work with our clients to identify and implement the most appropriate structure for organizing their business and fund offerings, including selecting the optimal jurisdiction and legal structure, based on the industry and asset class of the fund.
Our global advisory team provides regulatory, global distribution, and investment management advice to startup and established fund sponsors across the entire private fund lifecycle, including regulatory compliance, government enforcement, global distribution, trading, and the ongoing operations of funds and their sponsors.
We work across practices to advise fund sponsors and investors across the full spectrum of asset classes on the myriad issues faced by sponsors of these private investment funds.
Clients rely on us for:
- Fund structuring, including parallel funds, separate accounts, and co-investment vehicles
- Drafting and negotiation of fund documents, including side letters with investors
- Drafting and negotiation of service provider agreements, including with placement agents, auditors, and administrators
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements with venture partners and operating partners
- Local and global distribution requirements
- Operational matters, including cybersecurity, employment and compensation matters, and tax planning
- Carried-interest arrangements and other compensation plans
- Spin-outs from existing managers
- Regulatory compliance, including preparing and providing ongoing advice regarding compliance policies and procedures
- Marketing material review
- Securities law filings
- Secondary transfers