Bob Pawlowski focuses his litigation and counseling practices on a range of complex commercial and insurance coverage disputes including insurance recovery, health care reimbursement, and complex commercial litigation. He has represented corporate and individual policyholders seeking insurance coverage under various types of insurance policies in disputes with insurance companies that have disclaimed or delayed providing such insurance coverage. Bob’s experience includes representing policyholders recovering all types of insurance including general and professional liability, directors’ and officers’, property/business interruption, errors and omissions, employment practices, workers’ compensation/employers’ liability, and subguard. He also has represented clients in various other types of commercial actions involving breach of contract, tortious interference, construction defect, insurance broker malpractice, business torts, and antitrust. Bob also has substantial experience counseling and representing health care providers in disputes with payer insurance companies, health benefits plans, and third party administrators.
Bob provides insurance counseling to corporate policyholders by evaluating corporate insurance programs prior to renewals and analyzing insurance coverage for pre-litigation negotiations with carriers. He also counsels health care providers by evaluating contracts with payers (network contracts and participation agreements), patients (assignments of benefits and ERISA rights), and internal procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and carrier guidelines.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, from 2000 to 2004, Bob was an associate for a national law firm specializing in the area of insurance coverage litigation. He served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Lawrence Weiss, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey during the 1999-2000 term.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Insurance Section)
- New York State Bar Association
- Summit Bar Association, Former President and Officer
- "Avoid Kaos and Get Smart: Litigation Tips for Businesses, Brokers and Agents Tips on How to Avoid, Pursue or Defend Producer Malpractice Claims,” New Jersey State Bar Association, November 21, 2017
- “Basic Insurance Concepts, Business Interruption Insurance Policies,” K&L Gates CLE Program, July 11, 2013.
- "New ‘Bad Faith’ Claim Law Holds NJ Insurers Accountable," Law360, 1 March 2022
- “NJ Finally Joins Trend: Consequential Damage Is Covered,” Law360, 4 August 2015
- "IMO Industries Tackles New Jersey Law on Host of Insurance Coverage Issue," FC&S Legal: Insurance Coverage Law Report, January/February 2012