Rory Hatch is an associate in the firm’s Houston office and is a member of our oil, gas, and resources practice group. His practice covers a variety of energy litigation matters, property rights disputes, and eminent domain. Rory also has general commercial litigation experience in cases involving business torts, defamation and newsgathering issues, personal injury claims, and post-judgment issues, including appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Rory was a litigation associate in the Houston office of national law firm. He also clerked for the Honorable Harvey Brown in the Texas First Court of Appeals.
During law school, Rory was invited to join U.T. Law’s prestigious Supreme Court Clinic, which assists in representing clients before the Supreme Court of the United States. He was also an articles editor for The Review of Litigation and a judicial intern for the Honorable Lee Yeakel in the Western District of Texas.
- University of Texas School of Law - Endowed Presidential Scholar
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- International Right-of-Way Association
- Garland R. Walker Inn of Court
- Houston Christian Legal Society (treasurer)
- Eminent Domain CLE/Pipeline Takings: Common Carrier Issues, July 2019
- Into Thin Air: The Clean Air Act and Unconstitutional Taking by Preemption of State Common Law, 33 Review of Litigation 711