Rong Fan is an of counsel in the firm’s Shanghai office. His practice areas include cross-border M&A and general corporate matters, foreign direct investment/PRC regulatory compliance, equity capital markets, mining and resources/outbound work, and the pharmaceutical industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Rong was a legal director in the Hong Kong office of an international corporate law firm. In addition, he worked for a multinational law firm headquartered in Sydney and Hong Kong for more than six years, where he worked as solicitor, associate, and senior associate. Before relocating from Australia to the greater China region, he also worked in the corporate advisory department of a leading Australian law firm and an international law firm in Melbourne, Australia, where he advised on mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings (IPOs), rights issues, and product disclosure statements, as well as acted for leading Chinese state owned enterprises (SOEs) in regard to their investment in the mining and resources space in Australia.
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Institute of Victoria
- “Risk Prevention, Control and Exit Mechanism in Cross Border Transactions” Sponsored by the Shanghai Commission of Commerce (January 2019);
- “Hong Kong New Companies Ordinance” Hong Kong (2014);
- Seminar entitled “Investing in Australia - How to structure your investment vehicle and preparation for IPO in Australia” (watch here) (December 2010);
- Seminar entitled “Investment opportunities in Victoria Australia” organized and invited by Wuxi (December 2010);
- Panelist at “7th China Steel Conference” (2009)