Sana Hakim assists clients with trademark clearance and trademark and copyright registration, protection, enforcement and counseling; domain name, social media and Web-related issues; and licensing and transactional work.
Sana regularly counsels for profit and non-profit clients with US and foreign trademark portfolios and manages global trademark portfolios for multi-national companies. She also conducts due diligence for acquisitions and mergers. Sana also handles advertising review and clearance. In addition, she has represented clients in trademark and copyright infringement cases in federal courts throughout the United States, as well as in more than 100 opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also handles Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution proceedings before the National Arbitration Forum and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Sana regularly represents clients in the consumer products, food, and professional services industries.
Sana was a partner in the intellectual property department of Bell, Boyd & Lloyd LLP prior to its combination with K&L Gates. She also served a judicial internship with the Honorable Ronald J. Stubblefield of the Oklahoma Court of Appeals.
Sana was an adjunct professor at DePaul University College of Law in the Fall of 2006.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as a Recommended Lawyer - Intellectual Property, Trademarks: Non-Contentious (Including Prosecution, Portfolio Management And Licensing) (2023)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® for Trademark Law (2017-2024)
- Go-To Thought Leadership Award, National Law Review (2022)
- Leaders League, “Best Law Firms for Trademark Prosecution,” Nationwide (2020-2022)
- Listed in the World’s Leading Trademark Professionals by World Trademark Review 1000 (2019-2023)
Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (Board of Managers, 2004-2006)
Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (Board Member and Treasurer)
International Trademark Association
Arab American Bar Association of Illinois