Sarah Carlins is of counsel at the firm's Pittsburgh office. She is a member of the health care practice group. Sarah represents hospitals and health systems, hospices, physician groups, laboratories, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, and providers and health care entities of all types in all aspects of health care law, including federal and state regulatory compliance, telehealth, fraud and abuse, risk management, corporate governance, board counsel, employee relations, physician contracting and credentialing, payor contracting and reimbursement, and health care related business transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah served as a partner at a national law firm where she focused her practice in complex health care regulatory and compliance matters.
- Board Member, Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership
- Past Board Member, 412 Food Rescue
- Past Board Member, Neighborhood Legal Services Association
- Past Board Member, Allegheny Youth Development
- How Health Care Cos. Can Untangle Web Of Vaccine Mandates, Law360, 13 October 2021
- Pennsylvania’s Temporary Medical Marijuana Regulations - What Physicians Need to Know, Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News - 30 August 2016
- Saying Sorry: When is a Poor Apology Better Than No Apology at All?, Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News - 9 December 2013
- Anesthesia ‘Company Model’ Raises Fraud and Abuse Concerns, co-authored with Robert B. Hoffman, The Sentinel: Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists Newsletter - Winter 2012/2013
- PPACA Changes to Stark Law Effective in 2011, Western PA Hospital News - January 2011
- Successor Liability in New York Post-Berger, co-authored with Jeffrey Alexander, Health Law Journal - Winter 2009
- Mentioned, "Excela Health, Butler Health System officially merged," Pittsburgh Business Times, 3 January 2023