Sean Selin is a lawyer in the e-discovery analysis and technology (e-DAT) group, and focuses on electronic discovery, cyber-forensics, technology law, and intellectual property litigation. As an attorney with a background in the IT industry, Sean works on creatively solving complex legal problems through technical means. He consults on matters concerning Internet safety including phishing, hacking, advertising fraud, domain cybersquatting, and spyware. Sean also advises clients on computer forensic issues such as trade secret theft and breach response. Responsible for numerous successful Internet investigation efforts, Sean has deep experience in target research across the Internet including Dark Web and social media investigations.
Sean has also worked on discovery issues for matters including complex antitrust class actions, corporate acquisitions, and intellectual property disputes. Sean holds a number of technology certifications including being a Certified Ethical Hacker.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Sean worked for a prosecutor litigating in a number of criminal areas.
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Digital Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Defense First Responder
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Member, High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
- Member, Computer Technology Investigators Network (CTIN)
- “Governing Cyberspace: The Need for an International Solution,” 32 Gonz. L. Rev. 365 (1997)