Stacy Ackermann is the Lead Practice Area Leader of the firm's global Finance practice. Her work includes the representation of lenders, servicers, investors, and other market participants in all aspects of various financial and credit market transactions. Stacy concentrates her practice on structured finance, primarily commercial mortgage-backed and CRE CLO securitization transactions, as well as advising servicers and lenders regarding the asset management of performing loans and restructuring or workout of nonperforming loans.
Stacy is a regular speaker on industry issues impacting commercial real estate financing and structured financing transactions. She is a member of the Mortgage Bankers Association's Commercial Real Estate/Multifamily Finance Board of Governors (COMBOG) and is the chair of the CREFC Servicer's Forum. Stacy is also a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.
Prior to joining the firm, Stacy was a partner at another law firm in Charlotte.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® in Charlotte
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law, 2024
- Banking and Finance Law, 2022-2024
- Business North Carolina Power List, 2021-2023
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member of Board of Advisors for Providence Day School
- Speaker, CREFC's High Yield, Distressed Assets & Servicing Conference, CRE Finance Council, 31 March 2022
- Speaker, Industry Roundtable: A Capital Source Conversation, Mortgage Bankers Association, 15 February 2022