Stephen Hume is recognised as a leading insolvency and reconstruction and litigation lawyer and has 20 years' experience acting for Australia's largest banks and financial institutions.
He advises on all aspects of insolvency (reconstructions, work-outs and formal appointments), securities enforcement, risk management, banking and finance and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience leading teams in delivering high quality services to and developing strategic partnerships with institutional clients.
Stephen also acts for listed and unlisted companies, accounting firms and other clients in commercial disputes across the manufacturing, distribution, retail, property, pharmaceutical and transport sectors.
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Litigation (2016-present)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Insolvency and Reorganisation Law (2021-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer in Victoria (2021)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer in Victoria (2016, 2018 and 2019)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer in Victoria (2018 -2019)
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia member
- “Off the rack,” Ragtrader, September 2015