Steven Wright is a partner in the Boston office of K&L Gates and has a broad-based commercial litigation practice. Steven has been actively involved in the trial and management of cases in federal and state courts in Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, North Carolina, Illinois and a variety of other jurisdictions around the country. Steven also has extensive experience representing corporate and individual clients in arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution settings.
In addition to his general commercial litigation practice, Steven maintains a substantial focus on the insurance coverage area. In the insurance coverage area, he has represented a wide range of policyholders, including publicly traded corporations, privately held corporations, financial services companies (including broker-dealers, registered advisers, mutual funds, hedge funds, and independent directors of funds), non-profits, quasi-governmental entities and public entities. Steven has litigated coverage issues arising out of directors and officers (D&O) policies, errors and omissions (E&O)/professional liability policies, commercial general liability policies, fidelity/crime policies, products and food contamination and recall policies, property policies and a variety of specialty insurance policies. Steven also advises clients in connection with cyber insurance matters relating to cyber breaches and attacks. Steven regularly assists clients in the claims process, seeking to resolve disputes with insurers through negotiation or mediation prior to litigation. He also regularly counsels clients concerning risk mitigation, including the purchase, renewal, and negotiation of insurance policies.
- Boston Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Insurance Law Committee, Financial Services Section, Boston Bar Association
- “Insurance Coverage for Investment Managers,” (panelist), Boston Bar Association, November 16, 2020.
- “Insurance Consent to Settle Clauses: Dangers for Insureds and Exposure for Insurers,”(presenter), Strafford CLE Webinar, April 29, 2020.
- “Cybersecurity and Privacy: 2018 in Review,” (presenter), K&L Gates Webinar, January 30, 2019.
- “A Case Study: Cyber Insurance and Incident Response,” (presenter), Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, December 12, 2018.
- “Insurance Coverage for Government Investigations,” (presenter), Boston Bar Association, March 26, 2018.
- “D&O Issues for Financial Institutions,” (panelist), Boston Bar Association, May 5, 2016.
- “Taking a Bite out of Insurance Coverage Food Recall Issues,” (presenter), K&L Gates Webinar, May 4, 2016.
- “Understanding Cyber Risk Coverages For Community Bank Senior Officers and Directors,” The Spofford Group / K&L Gates LLP Joint Presentation (panelist), February 24, 2016.
- “Cybersecurity Developments Affecting Asset Managers,” (panelist), Boston Bar Association, December 2, 2015.
- “Insurance Coverage for Government Investigations,” (panelist), Boston Bar Association, September 9, 2014.
- “Financial Institution Bonds: Claims Trends and Practical Tips,”-- The Spofford Group Banking Summit (panelist), May 20, 2014.
- “Issues Arising from SEC Investigations of Private Fund Managers,” (presenter), K&L Gates Webinar, May 2, 2013.
- “Best Policy: Ensuring Protection Against Project Risk,” Boston Business Journal, May 8, 2005