Stuart Palmer has been practicing law since 1989. From 1991 to 1993, he was a Deputy Public Prosecutor with the Attorney General’s Chambers where he prosecuted accused persons for offences under the Penal Code and other statutes in Singapore. Stuart had the opportunity of being involved in the successful prosecution of accused persons charged with capital crimes under the Penal Code and Misuse of Drugs Act. Apart from criminal law, he has also worked in the former law firm M/s Ella Chong & G. Mirandah practising intellectual property law, including copyright, the registration of trademarks in Singapore and the prosecution of trademark infringement.
Stuart has been practicing civil and criminal litigation being admitted to the Singapore bar. However, since joining Straits Law Practice LLC, he has become more involved in the wide area of personal law. As the current head of the family and estate practice department, Stuart and his team have acted for clients in matters in family law and estate ranging from divorces, division of matrimonial assets, custody of minor children in divorces or under the Guardianship of Infants Act, maintenance issues/applications, adoption of children, applications for appointment of deputies under the Mental Capacity Act, drafting of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney, applications for grants of Probate or Letters of Administration in estate matters, distribution of estate assets among contesting beneficiaries.
Stuart graduated in law in April 1988 from the National University of Singapore. He was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in April 1989. He is also currently a member of the Singapore Academy of Law and Law Society of Singapore. Stuart is a trainer (tutor) at the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE) in family law.
- Awarded Indivisa Manent by LaSallian East Asia District (LEAD), Institute of Brothers of Christian Schools
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Chairman, School Management Council, St Joseph’s Institution (Junior)
- Council Member, Christian Brothers Schools Board of Management (CBS Board), Singapore
- Chairman, Christian Brothers Schools Board of Management (CBS Board), Singapore (2012 - 2016)
- Former Member, Board of Governors, St. Joseph’s Institution Independent
- Former Member, Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools (ACCS), Singapore
- AXA Seminar, November 2015 on Wills, Estate Law and Probate
- Wills, Probate and Estate Planning, St James Place Wealth Management, Singapore