K&L Gates is one of the few international firms with a significant presence and domestic capabilities in Taipei. Our Taipei office is an important part of our Asia strategy, providing access to the crucial Taiwan market, as well as considerable cross-border opportunities in the region and beyond.
We are widely considered to have one of the leading Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets practices in Taiwan, serving major international and domestic clients. Our notable achievements include assisting the first foreign company listed on the Emerging Stock Market of the Taipei Exchange, assisting two Taiwan-listed biotech companies listed on NASDAQ, and advising the first fintech startup to be accepted into Taiwan's regulatory sandbox. We are also considered one of the go-to firms in Taiwan for European Corporate Bond listings. We are regularly consulted by and provide feedback to regulators on new developments on behalf of our clients operating in quickly evolving, highly regulated industries.
Our Corporate team advises on fund formation and related regulatory matters, as well as on securities and equity financing transactions. We also regularly advise multinational companies doing business in Taiwan on various commercial legal issues, including employment, privacy, product launch, consumer protection, and antitrust issues.
Our Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources practice assists clients pursuing deals in the oil and gas, solar power, and wind farm sectors. We also have experience representing clients pursuing clean technology deals.
Our Intellectual Property (IP) practice is fully equipped to assist clients on matters ranging from trademark registration and IP counseling to licensing and litigation, leveraging our local and foreign IP knowledge across our fully integrated global platform. Our team is renowned for assisting leading manufacturers and exporters of high-tech products, as well as some of the largest semiconductor companies, whose main offices are located in Taiwan, with their diverse IP-related needs.
Our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team has extensive experience assisting clients with commercial, toxic tort, and IP disputes, working closely with clients to choose the correct strategy, whether through mediation, arbitration, or litigation. We also assist clients involved in governmental investigations and white collar criminal cases.
- Antitrust, Competition, and Trade Regulation
- Asset Management and Investment Funds
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Technology and Sourcing
- Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources
- Intellectual Property
- Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution (domestic and international arbitration and mediation)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Policy and Regulatory
- Privacy, Data Protection, and Information Management
- The 2022 Chambers Greater China Region Guide and 2022 Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide recognized the firm among leaders in Taiwan in the areas of Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, and Dispute Resolution.
- The 2022 Chambers Global Guide recognized the firm among leaders in Taiwan in the areas of Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, and International Capabilities.
- The 2022 IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific Guide recognized the firm among leaders in Taiwan in the areas of Capital Markets (Debt & Equity), M&A, and Restructuring and Insolvency.