The Evolving Law of Statistics in Health Law: Challenging Extrapolations, Supporting Fraud Claims, and Self-Disclosures, Hosted by American Health Law Association Fraud and Compliance Forum
During the Fraud and Compliance Forum, speakers will discuss a variety of topics, including:
- The significant recent developments in legal challenges to the improper use of sampling and extrapolating overpayments;
- Recent updates to how federal agencies use sampling and extrapolation to support fraud claims;
- How recent updates to the HHS-OIG policy on IROs calculating net overpayments under CIAs impacts application of those definitions by other agencies;
- How basic due process challenges have been developing in administrative and court decisions; and
- Practical applications for designing a credible internal sampling and extrapolation for self-disclosures.
- American Health Law Association Fraud and Compliance Forum