Toshi Yoshida is a partner in the firm's New York office, where he is a member of the Energy, Infrastructure, and Resources practice group. He focuses on global energy projects and cross-border M&A transactions.
Toshi has been involved in global energy projects in various regions across the globe for more than three decades and has particular skills in structuring and implementing complicated cross-border energy and infrastructure projects. His profound knowledge and understanding of energy business arises out of his previous tenure serving at the board of international energy companies in Japan and Australia. His recent representations and focus areas of practice include: oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), power, renewables and battery storage with geographic focus on the U.S. and Asia-Pacific region.
In addition to energy and infrastructure projects, he has advised clients in various industry sectors for their corporate and investment matters in the U.S. such as M&A, joint venture and various commercial arrangements including advice on CFIUS and HSR clearance, corporate governance and compliance issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Toshi was a partner in the Houston and New York offices of an international law firm. Prior to joining private practice, he worked for the energy division of a major Japanese trading company with various managerial roles including assignment in Singapore and Australia.
- American Bar Association, M&A Committee
- US-Japan Council
- Presentation at MPEMR/JICA/IEEJ 3rd Stakeholder Meeting on Integrated Energy and Power Master Plan, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2022
- Presentation at MPEMR/JICA/IEEJ 2nd Stakeholder Meeting on Integrated Energy and Power Master Plan, Dhaka, Bangladesh, July 2022
- Presentation at Asian LNG Workshop hosted by METI in Washington DC, July 30, 2019
- Chairman, Platts 17th Annual Liquefied Natural Gas Conference, February 12-13, 2018
- Mexican Energy Reform Seminar – Japan External Trade Organization, June 6, 2014
- Myanmar Energy Investment Conference – Ministry of Electricity and Energy, The Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Yangon, 2013
- Shale Gas and the Role of Foreign Investors, Energy M&A Forum, Houston, 2011
- The 2nd Annual Unconventional Hydrocarbons Summit, Beijing, 2011 – Chairman and Keynote Speaker “Shale Gas in the US – Lessons Learned”
- Brazil Investment Seminar – Japan External Trade Organization, New York, 2010
- “Recent Market on Legal Issues relevant to Mergers and Acquisitions in the U.S. (Key Negotiation Strategy for Japanese Corporations as an Acquirer),” Journal of the Japanese Institute of International Business Law, March 2017
- “Asian Investors’ E&P Assets Buying Spree Slows,” E&P, May 17, 2016
- “Asia Has Mixed Interest in Oil, Gas Investment,” ICIS News, May 17, 2016
- “Toshi Yoshida Represented Metawater Co., Ltd. in Japan for its Acquisition of Aqua- Aerobic Systems, Inc.,” October 28, 2015
- “LNG, Gas Producers Keep Eyes On Asia,” E&P, May 14, 2015
- “Key Legal Issues Relevant to Shale Gas Asset Acquisitions in the US by Japanese Corporations,” Journal of the Japanese Institute of International Business Law, February 2015
- “JVC KENWOOD Corporation on acquisition of EF Johnson Technologies, Inc.,” February 6, 2014
- “Shale Grab in US Stalls as Falling Values Repel Buyers,” Bloomberg, August 18, 2013
- “LNG a global game,” Edmonton Journal, October 6, 2012
- “Observers: US LNG Exporters Have Uncertain World to Explore,” SNL Daily Gas Report, October 3, 2012
- “Japan eyes US LNG to help meet post-Fukushima demand,” Gas Business Briefing, September 28, 2012
- “Shale gas threatens demand for new LNG export projects,” Interfax Global Natural Gas Daily, September 26, 2012
- “Future Chinese LNG demand uncertain: speaker,” Platts LNG Daily, September 26, 2012
- “Gas Generation Shift Still Questionable,” Power Engineering, June 2012
- “Japan likely buyer for US LNG exports,” Oil & Gas Journal, May 25, 2012
- “Asian Firms Eye U.S. Refineries to Dismantle, Export,” Wall Street Journal Online, October 3, 2011
- “Vietnam: Exploring climate for investment in energy projects,” Infrastructure Journal, September 7, 2011
- “Investment fervor continues for US, Canadian shale gas plays,” Oil & Gas Financial Journal, February 27, 2011