Understanding How Co-Pay Coupons, Accelerators, and Maximizers Impact Medicaid and Medicare Pricing and Rebates, hosted by American Conference Institute
Partner Andrew Ruskin is presenting a session that will cover:
- Defining coupons, accelerators and maximizers and examining their similarities and differences
- How are the parameters for such discount mechanisms set?
- Reviewing these mechanisms as a whole and understanding how they are affecting Medicare and Medicaid pricing
- In what ways do these mechanisms impact out of pocket expenses?
- How do they relate to the Medicare "donut hole"?
- How do these mechanisms affect patients in the public payor realm
- Exploring the process for working with a coupon vendor
- What are the types of pharmaceuticals and biologics sold under these mechanisms?
- How do these mechanisms effect specialty products?
- Reviewing recent litigation surrounding the use of co-pay coupons
- Examining the HHS blueprint as to whether coupons are considered a discount
- Can the removal of safe harbors be considered in the future relative to these mechanisms?
- American Conference Institute