Volker Gattringer is a partner in the firm’s Frankfurt office. He focuses on M&A, restructuring and bankruptcy matters. He regularly advises on and executes M&A transactions representing clients from East Asia and China in particular.
As a business graduate, Volker has also expertise and many years of experience in the business valuation and financial modelling aspects of complex M&A and restructuring transactions.
Volker joined the firm in June 2009. From 2006 through 2009 he was a director at a financial investor in Frankfurt focusing on distressed investments. From January 2003 through September 2006, Volker was an attorney-at-law at a leading international law firm in Frankfurt, where he advised on M&A and restructuring projects with an industry focus on banking. He also served in the Investment Banking Division of Merrill Lynch Capital Markets in Frankfurt (1999–2002) and at Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt (1995–1999).
- German-Chinese Lawyers' Association
- “Compulsory joint ventures for car manufacturers in China to be abolished - an outlook on the M&A market in China,” delivered at German Association of Inhouse Counsel (BUJ), 19 June 2018, Düsseldorf
- “Access routes to the Chinese capital market for institutional investors, " delivered at German Association of Investment and Asset Management (BVI), 31 January 2018, Frankfurt
- “M&A Purchase Price Adjustment Clauses,” delivered at Beck Seminars, Dusseldorf, 1 October 2013, Munich and Hamburg, April and October 2014
- “German Government Regulation of M&A Transactions and Technology Transfers,” delivered at the 5th Annual China Outbound Investment Summit, Beijing, 19–20 June 2013
- “Acquisition of Distressed Companies – German Perception of Chinese Investors, ” delivered at the University of Nanjing, China, 26 May 2010
- “Carve-out Transactions”, C.H. Beck, co-author, April 2016
- “M&A as a Market Entry Mode for Companies from Emerging Markets – Experiences from Chinese-German Transactions”, Yearbook of Market Entry Advisory 2014, p. 201-230