Wesley Prichard is an associate in the firm's Pittsburgh office who maintains an active trial and arbitration practice focused on class-action defense, international and domestic arbitration, closely held business disputes, and appellate litigation. Wes has diversified litigation and alternative dispute resolution experience, ranging from trial, appeal, motions practice and hearings, fact investigations, e-Discovery, and settlement. He has second-chaired multiple trials, conducted fact and expert witness examinations in court, taken and defended fact and expert depositions, argued motions, and negotiated settlements. Wes also maintains an active counseling practice, advising clients on internal and external risk management and resolving disputes through negotiated settlements, mediations, arbitrations, or trials. Wes's experience extends to the areas of industrial incidents, emerging chemicals such as ethylene oxide, mass torts, environmental claims, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, closely held businesses, and construction disputes.
During law school, Wes served as an extern for the Honorable D. Michael Fisher of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also served as an intern for the Honorable Maurice B. Cohill Jr. of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Co-Chair, K&L Gates Pittsburgh associates' committee (2022–present)
- K&L Gates Complex Commercial Litigation & Disputes Editorial Board (Co-Chair, 2022–2023; Member, 2023–present)
- “ESG Workforce Class Actions,” Under the Wire: Coloring Within Shifting Lines – 2023 Workforce Edition, K&L Gates, April 6, 2023.
- “Mass Arbitrations,” Class Action Money & Ethics 2020: Aligning Interests & Optimizing Outcomes in Class Action Litigation, Beard Group, September 21, 2020.
- “Investigating, Litigating, and Avoiding Issues under the False Claims Act Applied to Health Care Providers,” K&L Gates, February 20, 2019.
- “Class Action Defense: Don't Give Up On Bristol-Myers Squibb,” Law360, 25 October 2023
- ALI's Medical-Monitoring Proposal May Encourage Claims, Law360, 28 June 2023
- EPA Accepting Public Comments on Amended Ethylene Oxide Regulations, Washington Legal Foundation, 9 June 2023
- How To Navigate Class Incentive Awards After Justices' Denial, Law360, 7 June 2023
- What 5-Year BIPA Time Limit Means For Class Action Defenses, Law360, 6 March 2023
- 5th Circ. Class Action Rulings Reflect Post-TransUnion Trends, Law360, 1 December 2022
- Survey of Pennsylvania Privacy and Related Claims Against the Media, MLRC 50-State Survey: Media Privacy and Related Law, 2018-2019 (Articles, 2018-2019).
- What You Don't Know Can't Hurt You, Right? Resolving the Inherent Tension between the Yates Memo and the Collective Knowledge Doctrine in Environmental Criminal Enforcement Actions, 39 Energy & Min. L. Inst. 255 (2018)
- Wesley A. Prichard, Compelling Interest Cacodoxy: Why the Contraception Mandate Fails RFRA's Compelling Interest Analysis, 78 Pitt. L. Rev. 245 (2016).
- Mentioned in “Samsung Biometric Data Door Opens New Mass Arbitration Front,” Bloomberg Law, 21 Oct. 2022