By their nature, industrial incidents are unexpected and demand an immediate response. Such incidents are often multifaceted, and can present regulatory issues, civil liability risks, and insurance coverage challenges, among others.
Our lawyers understand these challenges and have successfully guided some of the largest manufacturers through highly publicized incidents involving industrial fires, chemical releases, and environmental contamination. We have the experience to minimize disruptions to your business and mitigate risks.
Upfront, Strategic Advice
Our lawyers can provide tailored, strategic incident-response advice to best position companies to handle first-party losses and potential third-party claims stemming from an industrial incident. Our experience equips us to coordinate those efforts to best facilitate business continuity. That experience includes:
- Liaising with government regulators at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Advising on best practices for coordinating response efforts and communication strategies in a manner that also mitigates risk.
- Facilitating the creation of evidence preservation yards and coordinating document and data preservation efforts.
- Providing direction and oversight for the creation and management of a claims facility.
- Advising on insurance strategies in order to maximize resources available for incident response.
- Developing tailored action plans designed for near-term and longer-term priorities.
Prioritizing collaborative teamwork in pursuit of the best value and outcomes for our clients is a core value of our industrial incident response team. We work to leverage the experience of local environmental, regulatory, and other specialists with whom our clients have existing relationships to inform our strategy and provide efficient, cost-effective representation.
Our team has handled and provided guidance on a number of substantive issues that regularly occur when dealing with industrial incidents and corresponding third-party claims, including:
- Working with experts in a variety of disciplines in heavily expert-driven litigation.
- Assessment of complex issues of exposure and causation as it relates to personal injury and property damage claims.
- Maintaining privileges while still achieving communication priorities.
- Assessment of insurance coverage for first-party claims and third-party losses.
- Strategic discovery readiness, including document preservation and early case assessment.