Winnie Chan focuses her practice on intellectual property rights including trade marks, copyright, designs, patents, and domain names. In addition, she handles data privacy issues and the regulatory compliance of pharmaceutical products, food, and consumer goods.
She has acted for educational institutions, renewable energy companies, technology companies, media corporations, sports organizations, software companies, commercial property developers, oil companies, NYSE listed companies, local listed companies, prestigious fashion brands, luxury cosmetic brands, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare industries, steel corporations, hospitality industries, airlines, and transportation industries.
Winnie's experience includes multi-jurisdictional IP portfolio management, licensing, commercial transactions, anti-counterfeiting, and also IP and compliance reviews of marketing materials, websites, and consumer labels.
Winnie is appointed as a Notary Public of Hong Kong by the Chief Judge of the High Court.
- Listed in the World’s Leading Trademark Professionals by World Trademark Review 1000, 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Hong Kong Society of Notaries
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Trademark Practitioners
- Winnie has presented several intellectual property topics at Continuing Professional Development seminars.
- At the invitation of the Hong Kong Arts Centre, Winnie presented a discussion at Art Basel in Hong Kong on intellectual property laws affecting the interests of artists, dealers, and collectors.
Winnie has a patent drafting certification from Fédération Internationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (FICPI), South East Asia Drafting (SEAD).