Client Conversations: Interview with Hans Albers, Chief of Staff at Juniper Networks & President of ACC Europe
HUB Talks Podcast
In this episode, Craig Budner interviews Hans Albers - President at ACC Europe and Chief of Staff & Associate General Counsel International Legal Services at Juniper Networks.
Featuring Craig Budner, Global Strategic Growth Partner at K&L Gates
1. Hans Albers on his role model
2. Learning from failure
3. Finding "your voice" and moving up the career ladder
4. Importance of in-house counsel asking questions
5. Leaders must "set the tone" for work/life balance
6. Challenge of moving from Europe to the US
7. A cultural difference between European and US lawyers
8. Leading a multicultural team
9. Moving from a law firm to an in-house role
- Career/life paths aren’t always straight: Lean into discomfort sometimes to learn something new.
- There is strength in numbers: Building a strong network provides growth opportunities and potential career opportunities.
- Be humble: Relate to all levels of a business with the ability to understand, relate, and personally connect with each person.
- Fail well: When you fail, acknowledge, admit, and learn to move on quickly.
- Understand the business: Become an expert at your business so that you are ready and able to relay the information to any level.
Client Conversations features interviews with legal buyers, business partners, innovators and industry leaders to share our collaborative insights across the marketplace. We hope these discussions help you further understand the paths that outstanding professionals in the legal and business communities travel, learn about what they are looking for in their counselors, and the nuanced decision-making of business and legal leaders in various industries.
Contact us or catch-up on past episodes by visiting our Client Conversations program page.
Subscribe to Client Conversations via your favorite podcast app to have our episodes delivered directly to you as they become available.