Client Conversations: Interview with Tyler Technologies CEO Lynn Moore
Key takeaways from their discussion include:
- Share Lessons Learned: From big law to in-house General Counsel, President, and now CEO of a billion-dollar company over the past 20 years, this is one story of an interesting path to business success.
- Stick to Commitments: Try not to oversell, but execute on the commitments made to build credibility, specifically with investors.
- Know Your Client’s Business: Clients want you to use your legal skills to help them make good business decisions. Think ahead about issues and opportunities that may arise with your client and anticipate the desired end-results as you advise them.
- Go the Extra Mile: The willingness to go above and beyond others will set you apart.
- Team Values and Mission Statement: Share your values and mission statement with your employees and cultivate a culture that empowers them to feel that they’re a part of the plan.
Topics discussed include:
- How did you start your professional career?
- What does a “typical” day look like?
- How did you overcome some of the more substantial business obstacles in your career?
- What professional development investments did you make that you now see the benefits from?
- What’s your team look like at? How do you motivate your team?
- What efficient tactics have you deployed that have made you more effective with limited time?
- How do you stay connected?
- What attributes do you look for in your trusted professional advisors, legal and other?
- Where do you get your best ideas?
- How do you measure success?
Client Conversations features interviews with legal buyers, business partners, innovators and industry leaders to share our collaborative insights across the marketplace. We hope these discussions help you further understand the paths that outstanding professionals in the legal and business communities travel, learn about what they are looking for in their counselors, and the nuanced decision-making of business and legal leaders in various industries.
Contact us or catch-up on past episodes by visiting our Client Conversations program page.
Subscribe to Client Conversations via your favorite podcast app to have our episodes delivered directly to you as they become available.