Dr. Julia Goetz is a counsel in the K&L Gates Berlin office. She focuses on a broad range of intellectual property law issues, especially with regard to copyright, patent and trademark law. She assists and represents national and international clients in the resolution of disputes before German courts with a focus on patent infringement proceedings. She also advises on complex licensing agreements, know-how transfers as well as on intellectual property aspects in M&A transactions. In addition, her experience includes advising clients in the area of information technology, specifically with regard to license agreements and general terms and conditions for software, e-commerce and internet companies (B2B and B2C).
Julia has been a Specialist Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law (Fachanwältin für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz) since 2015.
Prior to joining the firm in December 2016, Julia worked in the Berlin offices of two leading international law firms. She also worked as an assistant at the European Parliament in Brussels and Strasbourg, as well as in the legal department of Sotheby’s in London.
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Association for Law and Information Technology (DGRI)
- Patent Trolls – More than mystic creatures, AZUR 2015, p. 291 ff
- Legal issues and problems regarding E-Books, MMR MultiMedia und Recht, Issue 10/2012, October 2012, p. 652
- Comment on the Decision of the District Court Hamburg – GEMA v. Youtube, Computer und Recht, Issue 6, June 2012, p. 395
- FAZ/SZ versus Perlentaucher: Legal requirements of a short summary. Outlook on the decision of the Federal Court of Justice regarding copyright and “abstracts” by taking into account the decisions of the District Court of Frankfurt (decision of November 23, 2006—3 0 172/06) and the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt (decision of December 11, 2007—11 U 75 U 75/06 and 11 U 76/06) on CARTA.