Sheila Armstrong is a partner in the firm’s Dallas office. She is a member of the Government Contracts and Procurement Policy practice group. Sheila represents a broad range of companies on all aspects government contracting from proposal preparation through contract closeout and everything in between. She routinely counsels both prime and subcontractors on a variety of government contracts matters including contract negotiation, foreign sourcing, intellectual property rights in government contracts, audits and government investigations, corporate compliance, internal investigations, mandatory disclosures and False Claims Act (FCA) defense.
Sheila advises clients on a variety of types of contracting instruments including FAR-based contracts, grants and other financial assistance agreements, and other transaction agreements. She has extensive experience working with companies on General Services Administration (GSA) and Veterans Affairs (VA) Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contracts including proposal preparation, compliance with unique FSS contract requirements such as commercial sales practice submissions and price reduction clause compliance, as well as audits, investigations and FCA defense
Sheila originally joined K&L Gates as a second year associate in 2003. She rejoined K&L from another international law firm where she focused her practice on all aspects of government contracting. Prior to attending law school Sheila worked in the accounting industry.
- Government Contracts Editorial Advisory Board, Law360, Member (2018–present)
- Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association, Council Member (2018–2021)
- Procurement Division, Co-Chair (2020-present)
- Publications Board, Co-Chair (2022-present)
- Commercial Products and Services Committee, Vice Chair (2013, 2014, 2018–present)
- Finance, Vice Chair (2018–2021)
- Commercial Products and Services Committee, Co-Chair (2014–2017)
- Order of the Coif, Member
- San Diego Law Review, Member
Sheila frequently serves as a speaker on panels addressing government contracts issues before various trade associations.
- Mentioned, “Newsmakers: Partners Named at Jackson Walker; Polsinelli; K&L Gates; Gibson Dunn (Excerpt),” TexasLawyer.com, 17 January 2023
- Quoted, “Top 4 Gov't Contracting Policies To Watch In 2023,” Law360, 2 January 2023
- Mentioned, "Newsmakers: Hinshaw & Culbertson; K&L Gates; Jones Day (Excerpt)," TexasLawyer.com, 11 November 2022