Stretching the Patent Prosecution Dollar: Maximizing the Value of Patent Procurement - Part I, hosted by ASTP
This is the first installment of an AMC and higher education focused webinar series on collaborative intellectual property and technology transfers.
In this panel we will discuss intellectual property Procurement Strategies and Considerations for AMCs and Research Universities. This presentation will cover the following topics:
- Building a patent portfolio using various cost-effective tools, such as U.S. provisional applications, utility models, design patents, and trade secrets
- What corporations value when partnering with universities and their intellectual property portfolios
- Building an intellectual property portfolio from a start-up
- Michael Cohen, Associate General Counsel, Baxter
- Matt Dicke, Partner, K&L Gates
- George Summerfield, Partner, K&L Gates
- Heather Walsh, Executive Director, mHUB Chicago
Space is limited, so please RSVP at your earliest convenience.
Stay tuned for information on our next installment in this series, where we will discuss patent inventorship and ownership considerations for AMCs and research universities. We will also cover the following:
- Complexities of joint research agreements/ownership models
- How this can complicate enforcement campaigns and spin-offs/dilute the IP
- Importance of accuracy in inventorship and ramifications
- Publication authors v inventors