ABA 25th National M&A Institute, Hosted by American Bar Association
The 25th Annual National M&A Institute attracts an audience exceeding 200 lawyers, provides an in-depth perspective on negotiating business acquisitions, including an extensive mock negotiation that will give attendees valuable insights on negotiating key representations, warranties, closing conditions and indemnification provisions in an acquisition agreement. Expert panelists include nationally known mergers & acquisitions attorneys from across the country who discuss all facets of the acquisition process including: techniques used in structuring and negotiating M&A deals; the tax and securities law aspects of business acquisitions; and the methodologies utilized in valuing acquisition targets.
The program examines both fundamental and cutting-edge issues, with sessions addressing:
- The key business, financial, and legal terms of the acquisition agreement;
- Special issues in asset acquisitions;
- Tax considerations in M&A transactions;
- Acquisitions of public companies and related Delaware law considerations;
- Ethical issues in M&A transactions;
- An investment banker’s perspective on valuation techniques;
- The use of “earn-outs” and other purchase price formulations; and
- Negotiating M&A-related confidentiality and exclusivity agreements and letters of intent.
- American Bar Association