Aaron Millstein is a partner in the Seattle office of K&L Gates LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s White Collar Defense and Investigations and Litigation practice groups. His practice focuses on government enforcement actions, complex civil litigation, internal investigations, and white-collar defense. Aaron represents clients in various industries, both public and private, particularly when they are facing civil litigation involving a parallel government investigation or proceeding, whether civil or criminal. He has assisted clients in navigating government investigations, from receipt of subpoenas or other inquiries through the end of the matter, whether it is a negotiated resolution or litigation. He has also conducted numerous internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients to address potential legal or ethical violations, such as fraud, conflicts of interest, and theft.
In addition to investigations and enforcement matters, Aaron is regularly involved in litigation, representing clients in a variety of matters, including trade secrets, commercial disputes, constitutional law, campaign finance, and real property.
Aaron helps clients navigate difficult situations to reach the best possible available outcomes.
- Clerkship, Hon. Susan Owens, Washington State Supreme Court, 2011-2013
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Ann Aiken, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Oregon, 2010
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America for Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Leadership Tomorrow Graduate, 2023
- Selected to Rising Stars list, 2019-2021
- Co-recipient, ACLU of Southern California Humanitarian Award, 2017
- Participant, King County Prosecuting Attorney Trial Readiness Fellowship, 2016
- Winner, National Appellate Advocacy Competition, University of Oregon School of Law, 2009
- Board of Trustees, King County Bar Foundation, 2022 - 2023
- Presenter, “Sherlock Holmes 101: The Case of the Internal Investigation,” 2022 Ethics Institute: Walking the Tightrope in Delicate Ethical Situations, Washington State Bar Association, 1 December 2022.
- Presenter, “When the Wolf Comes Knocking: Effectively Managing Government Inquiries and Internal Investigations,” Washington State Society of Health Care Attorneys 2022 Spring Meeting, 29 April 2022
- Co-Author, Government Investigations of Health Care Providers, Washington Health Law Manual – Fourth Edition (Washington State Society of Health Care Attorneys), 2021
- Speaking of Protests: a Primer on Regulating and Controlling Protests, Marches, and Public Demonstrations, WSAMA 2015 Fall Conference, 1 October 2015, Article and Speech
- SLAPP Happy: The Anti-SLAPP Statute in Action (assisted with), WSAMA 2014 Spring Conference, Articles