Adam Smith is a partner in the Nashville office. He is a member of the firm’s Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions practice. Adam represents clients across industries in connection with corporate, merger and acquisition, and securities matters. A significant portion of his practice involves the representation of regulated financial institutions. Adam counsels both publicly traded and privately held banks and bank holding companies, and other financial services companies, with respect to mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, corporate governance and regulatory matters, and general day-to-day corporate and operational issues.
Adam is recognized by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Best Lawyers in America®, and Super Lawyers® for his work in the areas of Banking and Finance and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam served as an attorney at a full-service U.S. law firm where he focused his practice on financial services, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance.
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Banking and Finance – Tennessee, 2019–2021
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2013, 2015–2019
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Banking and Finance Law, 2019–2021
- Financial Services Regulation Law, 2018–2021
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Speaker, Buy, Sell, or Survive, Tennessee/Mississippi Bankers Associations CEO/Executive Management Conference, October 2012
- Speaker, Dodd-Frank Act, Tennessee Bankers Association, September 2010
- Author, Memo to the Partner: Proposed Anti-Dilution Provision, 8 TRANS. TENN. J. BUS. L. 433, (2007)
- Author, Case Commentary, 6 TRANS. TENN. J. BUS. L. 223, (2005)