Aiden O’Leary is an associate in the firm’s New York office. He is a member of the Asset Management and Investment Funds practice group.
Aiden is a regulatory lawyer who represents registered investment advisers, broker-dealers, and other financial services clients across a variety of regulatory and enforcement matters. Aiden assists clients on compliance with federal and state securities laws, including the implementation of the SEC’s Marketing Rule, ESG offerings, token issuance and digital asset custody considerations, and the development of compliance-related policies and procedures.
He also advises clients across a diverse range of financial services, including the development of new financial services and products, navigating federal and state licensing issues, and compliance with US and international anti-money laundering laws and regulations, especially within the context of digital assets.
Prior to joining the firm, Aiden was an associate in the New York office of an international law firm in their financial services regulatory and enforcement practice. Before that, Aiden was an attorney with the New York State Department of Financial Services, where he focused on the regulation, licensing, and supervision of a wide range of financial services companies, including those conducting virtual currency business activity.
- New York State Bar Association
- The Irish American Bar Association of New York
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- Investment Adviser Association
- Guest Lecture on US anti-money laundering regulations related to digital assets – University of Toronto School of Law, Graduate School of Blockchain, Digital Assets, and the Law (February 2023)
- Presenting Speaker for the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) internal training on New York State’s regulation of Virtual Currencies (March 2021)