Amanda Erlandson is an associate in the Estate Planning and Trusts & Estates practice group in the firm's Pittsburgh office. Her practice focuses on estate planning and estate and trust administration.
Amanda assists clients with structuring efficient estate plans to meet the clients' personal and family goals. As part of tailoring each estate plan to meet each client’s unique circumstances, Amanda takes into account both tax and non-tax aspects of estate planning, including estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and income tax planning, charitable gift planning, distinctive family circumstances, and incapacity planning.
A significant portion of Amanda’s practice consists of counseling fiduciaries on trust and estate administration. She assists both professional and non-professional executors, trustees, and other fiduciaries in administration of family estate plans and provides the level of guidance and advice required by each fiduciary, from guidance through the process of the administration to advice regarding complex generation-skipping transfer tax issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda was a summer associate in the firm’s Pittsburgh office in 2015. In addition, she was a summer associate in 2014 and 2015 at an international law firm, and she was a paralegal from 2010 to 2013 in its Shanghai office.
- Amanda was listed in the “Ones to Watch” section of the 2021, 2022, and 2023 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® for her work in Trusts and Estates.
- Amanda is a graduate of the Mid-Atlantic Fellows Institute, a six-session educational program created by the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and designed to develop future leaders of the trust and estate practice.
- During law school, Amanda served on the Editorial Board of the Virginia Tax Review. She also participated in a variety of pro bono projects and earned a University of Virginia School of Law Pro Bono Challenge Certificate of Completion.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s 1L Success in Law School Mentoring Program, Mentor, 2021-2022
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- United Way Bridges Society, Member (2021-present)
- Co-presenter, “Split Dollar Life Insurance Arrangements - The Story of an Employee Benefit,” K&L Gates LLP Associate Presentation Series, April 2019
- Co-presenter, “Trusts in the United States, 美国信托,” The Chinese Trading and Investment Association, June 2017