Dr. Annette Mutschler-Siebert is a partner in the firm’s Berlin office. She advises clients on public procurement law as well as European and competition law. She is particularly experienced in advising clients on the design of and participation in complex procurement procedures, privatization projects and public private partnerships for both the bidding and the contracting party.
Annette also advises clients on issues relating to antitrust law, in particular the structuring of distribution networks, the structuring of research and development agreements and competition law compliance. She advises and supports clients in merger filing procedures as well as investigations by the competition authorities. Her practice also includes the regular representation of clients before the special procurement review bodies, the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as German and European Courts.
Annette is recommended for her public procurement work by Chambers Europe, Who’s Who Legal, Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt, and JUVE Handbuch, a leading German legal publication.
In Chambers Europe 2018, clients “say that (she) is a very skilled and experienced procurement lawyer who gives well-grounded advice,” and value her “excellent knowledge and accessibility.” Documented in Chambers Europe 2017, “Annette Mutschler-Siebert is well-regarded for her abilities in public procurement, PPPs and privatizations.” Legal 500 refers to the “brilliant” Annette Mutschler-Siebert in the area of public procurement. A competitor was quoting as saying “most active and pleasant, knows her stuff”, published in JUVE Handbuch 2017.
Annette joined the firm in July 2009. From 2003 through 2009 she worked for another renowned international law firm in Berlin, where she was principal associate between November 2007 and 2009.
Apart from her lecture and publication activities on issues regarding procurement, antitrust and European law, Annette is
- Chairwoman of the Executive Committee of the Working Group Public Procurement Law of the German Bar Association “DAV”
- A member of the advisory committee of the procurement law journal “VergabeR” and
- Lecturer for the professional legal training course for procurement law organized by Juristische Fachseminare.
- MA course of studies in Real Estate Law – University of Münster, course on procurement law, since 2009
- Lecturer in the context of the further training course to gain the “Qualification as a funds manager for companies” (Qualifizierung zum Fördermittel-Manager für Unternehmen) by Emcra (2011-2014) – Public tendering: opportunities and pitfalls from the bidder’s point of view
- SPNV workshop “Procuring vehicles at favorable prices“ (Fahrzeuge günstig beschaffen), in cooperation with Interfleet Technology GmbH, since 2011
- Master Class: Awarding and Managing Concession Contracts using Directive 2014/23/EC, Maastricht 09/10 June 2016, EIPA
- Procuring transport services, vehicles and other services for the local and regional transport network pursuant to the new procurement law regiment, expert conference on development, tendering and procurement of suburban and tram railway systems, 05/06.04.2016, Breidenbach & Frost
- Lecture at the 7th K&L Gates Rail and Infrastructure Finance Conference (12 November 2015): procurement of transport services and vehicles pursuant to the new procurement law regiment
- “Public procurement sanctions and self-cleansing: current practice and the future corruption database” (Vergabesanktionen und Selbstreinigung: Aktuelle Praxis und das künftige Korruptionsregister), BUJ KartR Summit (2014)
- “Strategic public procurement: opportunities, risks, implementation“ (Strategisches Beschaffungswesen: Chancen, Risiken, Umsetzung), Wegweiser Media & Conferences GmbH Berlin, 16th Procurement Conference (2014)
- Speaker at various Euroforum events, e.g. key focus procurement law 2012: “The end of distinguishing between suitability and award criteria?” (Kein Mehr an Eignung – das Ende der Trennung zwischen Eignungs- und Zuschlagskriterien?) and 2011: “Admission or admissibility and evaluation of alternative tenders” (Zulassung bzw. Zulässigkeit und Wertung von Nebenangeboten)
- In-house workshops on procurement and antitrust law for companies, recently for an international telecommunications company