Billy Chen is a partner in the firm's Taipei office. He has represented international and domestic clients in various areas of law including:
Mergers and Acquisitions - Advising clients on corporate governance as well as commercial and corporate finance transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, public offerings and private placements, structuring start-up companies, and drafting commercial contracts
Investment Management/Finance - Advising clients on the formation, structuring, and fundraising of their businesses, counseling fund managers on the regulatory aspects of their businesses and operations, counseling issuers/arrangers on structured products
International Trade - Handling U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) investigation related matters as well as U.S. export-import compliance and trade dispute matters
Anti-trust, Competition and Trade Regulation - Assisting clients in witness preparation, advising them on the discovery procedure and dispositions relating to the investigations initiated by the United States Department of Justice (US DOJ) and the European Commission (EC) as well as in class action suits against certain Taiwan manufacturers
Procurement Projects - Drafting and advising clients on urban redevelopment project guidelines and Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contracts.
Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Billy practiced as an associate in Michigan, where he focused on corporate, civil, and criminal law. He also served as corporate counsel to companies in Taiwan and China.
- The A-List: Taiwan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2022, Asia Business Law Journal
- Next Generation Partner, Corporate & M&A: Taiwan, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019-2022
- “Issues of Offshore Wind Power Generation: Key Issues for Offshore Wind Power”, Japan Overseas Institute, Tokyo, September 2018
- "Taiwan’s solar-powered fishery project," Asia Business Law Journal, 28 December 2022
- Mentioned, “K&L Gates Guides First Ever De-Spac Merger on SGX,” Asian Legal Business, 16 October 2023