Chris Wyant is a partner in the firm's Seattle office. His practice concentrates on complex business and antitrust litigation and antitrust counseling.
Chris has experience in all phases of litigation and has successfully taken several cases through trial. He also has extensive mediation and arbitration experience. Chris’ business litigation practice focuses on local, national and international cases involving contract claims, fiduciary duties, merger and acquisition disputes, investment banking, and debtor/creditor claims.
Chris also has wide-ranging experience litigating antitrust claims. He has represented defendants in multi-district price fixing cases brought by class plaintiffs, direct-action plaintiffs, and Attorneys General. Chris has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in monopolization cases involving alleged refusals to deal, tying, and exclusive dealing arrangements. He has represented standard-setting organizations, product manufacturers and cellular network operators in antitrust matters related to FRAND commitments for intellectual property and alleged abuses of the standard-setting processes. Chris represents clients in responding to pre-litigation antitrust investigations by the United States Department of Justice and Washington Attorney General.
In addition to litigation, Chris regularly counsels clients on antitrust and competition law compliance. He has advised clients on antitrust matters during merger negotiations, diligence and pre-closing integration planning. He also counsels clients regarding antitrust considerations associated with product distribution, sales agreements, technology licensing arrangements, and pharmaceutical joint ventures. Chris has drafted antitrust policies and provided antitrust training for entities in a wide range of industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas S. Zilly, United States District Court for the Western District of Washington (2005-2006) and Justice Susan Owens, Washington State Supreme Court (2004-2005).
- Recognized as a Washington “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers (2009-2012, 2014-2021)
- Mr. Wyant has been a member of the Washington State Bar Association Consumer Protection and Unfair Business Practices Section Executive Committee since 2010. He served as the Chair of the Executive Committee from 2017-2018 and Secretary from 2015-2016.
- American Bar Association - Antitrust Section
- King County Prosecutor Fellowship (2011) (represented the state of Washington in several felony jury trials)
- Co-Author, State Antitrust Practice and Statutes (Fourth), Washington State Chapter