Corey Bieber is an associate in the firm’s Chicago office. In this role, Corey partners with client in-house counsel and firm lawyers on legal matters involving technology licensing, information security, privacy and compliance. Specifically, he consults on engagements involving data privacy and security, biometrics, HIPAA, software copyrights, and software and information technology services licensing. Corey brings over 10 years of experience in regulation and compliance in the legal, technology, healthcare, and insurance industries.
Corey regularly counsels clients on a variety of matters concerning the underlying technology involved in licensing agreements and software copyrights. He uses his experience in technology development and architecture to advise clients on information technology vulnerabilities and develop policies and procedures to secure client data and comply with applicable laws. He also advises clients on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy Shield certification in support of data transfer between the European Union and the United States.
Corey has significant experience in litigation data analytics. He regularly assists clients in preparation for class action litigation by conducting exposure and merits assessments based on advanced data processing techniques. Corey has worked extensively with the analysis of email, census, payroll, and time card data - including biometric data - in support of fraud investigations and employment claims.
Outside of his professional experience Corey, an Iraq war veteran, participates in pro bono representation of disabled veterans before the VA Regional Office.
- 2014 BMA Platinum - Best Mobile App Awards
- Illinois Bar Association
- “Creating Internal Mobile BuyIn,” MobileU2013 Summit (2013)
- “Connected Cars,” SoMo Summit (2013)
- “Ask Ivy Interactive Virtual Agent, Design, Development, and Execution,” DotBlue2013 (2013)
- “New Parent Initiative: Mobile Apps Research, Design and Implementation,” MobileU2012 Summit (2012)
- “Privacy,” SoMo Summit (2012)
- Veterans Administration Accredited Attorney
- Certified Scrum Master (2015)
- Certificate of Project Management Using Microsoft Project (2006)
- Certificate in Applied Research Methodology and Infectious Disease (2004)
- Certificate of International Public Health Practice (2004)
- Bieber, CM & Talamayan, KS (2008, Oct.) Impact of an aging population on eHealth information Delivery: An accessibility analysis. American Public Health Association 136thAnnual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Bieber, CM et al. (2008, Aug.) Identifying risk factors for abuse of prescription opioids by pain patients: a pilot case-controlled study. International Association for the Study of Pain 12th World Congress, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Bieber CM, et al. (2008) Subjective effects of opioids in patients treated for pain who do or do not develop opioid addiction: a pilot case-control study. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 16, 429–434.
- DeRicco, B., Chiauzzi, E., Bieber, C., & Quinonez, L. (2007, Feb.) Measuring institutional climate for prevention intervention: The Institutional Climate Assessment. NASPA Strategies Conference: Alcohol Abuse Prevention and Intervention, Atlanta, GA
- Bieber, CM, et al. (2007, May) Case-Control study on risk factors for prescription opioid abuse among patients with pain. Poster session presented at the American Pain Society 26th Annual Scientific Meeting, Washington, DC.