Cynthia Weed practices in the public law and finance areas of the firm with a focus on structured finance and leasing.
Since 1978, she has worked with states, state agencies, public universities, colleges, cities, towns, counties, school districts and special districts (ports, water, sewer, school and fire protection) in Washington, Alaska, Oregon, Montana, California, Pennsylvania, Florida and Idaho on municipal financings which include general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, special assessment district financings, tax anticipation obligations, hospital debt, short-term obligations and industrial development bonds. She has worked on a majority of the private activity bonds issued in Washington since they were authorized by statute in 1981. More recently, she works with public agencies and private clients in public/private partnerships, as conduit financing and also utilizing 63-20 financing.
Cynthia has been a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers since 1980, has been a member of its Board of Directors and also acted as chairperson of the Bond Attorneys Workshop for the year 2000. She is a fellow in the American College of Bond Counsel; she is the current immediate past president of the College and also is a board member. She also has served as co-chair of the College’s membership selection committee. She has been named to the Best Lawyers in America list since 2007 and was named Seattle’s Public Finance Lawyer of the Year for 2012.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® in Seattle
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law, 2024
- Public Finance Law, 2007-2024
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America® for Public Finance Law in Seattle, 2012
- Speaker, Winter Seminar, American College of Bond Counsel, Palm Beach, Florida, 17 January 2021
- Industrial Development Levies and Opportunity Zones, Washington Public Ports Association - Spring Meeting, 16 May 2019