David Edgar provides strategic corporate and transactional advice on a national and international basis. His practice focuses on advising public and private companies, boards of directors, special committees, and senior management in connection with mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, activist planning and defense, and corporate governance matters.
David's transactional experience includes domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, “going private” transactions, LLCs and partnerships, corporate restructurings and recapitalizations, and venture capital and private equity financings, restructurings, and exits.
In his practice, David represents a broad range of clients, from privately held growth and technology companies to large public companies, as well as financial investors and investment banking firms in mergers and acquisitions transactions. His clients include companies in a diverse range of industries, including chemicals, emerging technology, financial services, software, metals, education, robotics, information technology, media, and life sciences.
David is a speaker, author, and workshop coordinator on a variety of corporate law topics, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, venture capital, and corporate governance. He is also a contributing author to the Lexis-Nexis Securities Practice Guide.
David is also a founding faculty member of the firm’s mini-MBA program, an innovative professional development training program designed to orient associates to key business concepts that are integral to our clients’ business success.
David is a partner in the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice which has been recognized with numerous awards including being named the Corporate Law Firm of the Year in 2020 and ranked in National Tier 1 since 2010 in the US News Best Law Firms report. Furthermore, David was named a 2017 Acritas Star.
David's recent experience includes representing Sinch AB, a global leader in cloud communications for mobile customer engagement, as they entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Inteliquent, the largest independent voice communications provider in the United States, for a total cash consideration of USD 1.140 billion on a cash and debt-free basis.
- American Bar Association
- Interview on M&A Dealmaking and Disputes with Greentarget Global Group for upcoming Berkeley Research Group publication, June 14, 2021
- “Structuring M&A Transactions for Economic Uncertainty,” Webinar, April 2021
- “M&A Deal Focus: Diligence and Negotiating Filters in the Current or Next Pancession,” Webinar, December 2020
- “Under the Wire CLE Series: Mini MBA – Corporate Finance and Strategy,” Client Presentations, August and September 2020
- “Venture Capital: COVID-19 Market Update & Demystifying the Term Sheet,” Client Presentation, September 2020
- "Advising the Board – Pennsylvania Fiduciary Duties," CLE Presentation, October 2019