Eugene Yeung is a partner in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Eugene’s practice combines strengths in both asset finance and restructuring in Asia. He represents institutional lenders, insolvency appointment takers, turnaround financial advisors, and investors in respect of distressed situations. He has a particular focus in the aviation sector, where he advises airlines, lessors, aviation specialist financiers, and business jet owners on a broad range of regional and local commercial, financing, and restructuring transactions.
Eugene is appointed as a Notary Public of Hong Kong by the Chief Judge of the High Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Eugene served as counsel in the finance department at a full-service global law firm. His practice covers the entire aviation finance business cycle, fleet acquisition, financing and refinancing, distressed M&A, disposals, and enforcements. He is a qualified accountant and chartered financial analyst.
- Recognized in Restructuring and Insolvency – Hong Kong, Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2018, 2020-21)
- Recognized in Asset Finance – Hong Kong, Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2021)
- Rising Star for Aviation – Hong Kong, Expert Guides, Euromoney (2019)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts
- Certified Practising Accountant, CPA Australia
- “Panel: Legal Risks in Aviation Finance,” Airline Economics Frontiers, Dubai, 2018 and 2019
- “Panel: Building an Asian aircraft lessor ABS or airline EETC,” Ishka Investival Asia, Hong Kong, 2019
- “What is Cape Town Convention,” Airline Economics Frontier, Korea, 2019
- “Common Issues in Restructuring Asset Based Loans and Aircraft Leases,” Oppland Air’s Aircraft Finance and Lease Risk Management Seminar, Xiamen, 2018
- Co-author, Hong Kong: Restructuring & Insolvency, Legal 500 Comparative Guide, 2020
- “Winter Survival Guide,” Airline Economics Aviation Law Yearbook, 2019