George Zornada practices investment management and securities law. He regularly represents investment advisers, open and closed-end investment companies and their boards of directors, and private investment entities such as hedge funds and fund of funds.
George’s practice includes a broad spectrum of regulatory and transactional matters.
Prior to joining K&L Gates in 2000, George worked in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Investment Management. George was Branch Chief, Office of Investment Company Regulation, and previously was Senior Counsel and Team Leader in the Office of Disclosure Regulation. George also served in the SEC's Office of General Counsel.
- Member of the Editorial Board of The Investment Lawyer
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Ripon College
- "Interval Funds have Turned 25 and are Increasingly Popular," The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, 20 February 2019
- “Changes to Investment Company Reporting - A Look at New Form N-CEN and Amended Regulation S-X: Part 2 of 2,” The Investment Lawyer, Vol. 24, No. 3, March 2017
- Co-author, “Investment Company Determination under the 1940 Act - Exemptions and Exceptions,” American Bar Association, 2003