Giampaolo Salsi is the managing partner of the firm's Milan office. He focuses his practice on providing assistance in corporate and commercial law to Italian and foreign clients active in the manufacturing, service and financial sectors, with a particular emphasis on corporate transactions. Over the years, he has assisted leading national and international players in the project financing and PPP (public-private partnership) sectors.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Giampaolo practiced with several other firms in Italy. In 1994, he spent two years in Hong Kong as a visiting foreign lawyer.
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Europe for Corporate M&A (2021, 2020, 2019) and for Corporate M&A: Mid-Market (2022)
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners Global for Corporate M&A (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019)
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA for Commercial, Corporate, and M&A (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019)
- Ranked by Leaders League for Mergers & Acquisitions: Small & mid-cap transactions (2023, 2022, 2021)
Giampaolo is a regular speaker in contract law matters at seminars and courses organized by a local business association of EPC contractors.
- “Società sportive, pandemia e finanza” - ItaliaOggi, 6 April 2021
- “The ‘Italian way’ to PFI: A case study in the public healthcare sector,” Privatisation and Public Private Partnership Review 2003/2004, a Euromoney Publication
- “The Marketing in Italy of Foreign ‘Non-Harmonised’ Common Funds,” Journal of International Banking Law, vol. 17, no. 6, 2002
- “The ‘Nuovo Mercato’: the New Italian Stock Exchange for Companies with High Development Potential,” Journal of International Banking Law, vol. 15, nos. 5-6, 2000
- “The New Italian Law on Securitisation,” Journal of International Banking Law, vol. 14, no.12, 1999
- “La legge applicabile alle operazioni di Project Financing,” in Il Project Financing - Caratteristiche e modelli contrattuali, Milan, 1997