Rob Dodson is a partner at the firm's Nashville office and is a member of the Construction and Commercial Litigation practice groups. Rob has more than 25 years of experience in the construction, energy, and health care sectors. Rob has represented his clients in courtrooms across the U.S. and has tried numerous cases to verdict. He also has extensive experience representing clients in arbitration, and as a result of his depth of knowledge and experience, the American Arbitration Association place Rob on its panel of arbitrators for construction and commercial disputes.
Rob represents owners and contractors in disputes regarding all aspects of construction and business disputes. He has represented clients in claims for construction defects, delays, regulatory compliance, bid protests, changes, termination, indemnity, extra work, shareholder disputes, real estate disputes, land use and zoning, and numerous other issues. Rob thoroughly understands the complex, contractual relationships between the stakeholders in a construction project, and he is able to use this knowledge to provide effective advice and achieve better-than-expected outcomes for his clients. As a result of his advocacy for his clients, Rob has been recognized as a leader in construction and commercial dispute resolution.
Rob’s practice is focused on healthcare, energy hospitality industry projects. This focus provides a depth of understanding of industry specific issues face by his clients which is of great value to his clients. He recognizes his client’s business goals and tailors the legal strategy to effectively achieve those goals as efficiently as possible.
Prior to joining the firm, Rob was the construction law practice chair at a full-service U.S. law firm. He represented clients across the United States and Canada, including developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and health care owners.
- Recognized by Chambers USA - Construction in Tennessee, 2022–2023
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® - Construction Law and Commercial Litigation, 2020–2023
- Named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers list - Construction Litigation, 2019–2021
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as a Recommended Lawyer, 2019–2020
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Associated Builders’ and Contractors
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Associated General Contractors of Middle Tennessee, Regulatory Advisory Committee
- Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Author, “What You Need to Know About Nashville’s Equal Business Opportunity Program,” Dickinson Wright Client Alert, January 2019