Jacob Derr is an associate in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office, where he is a member of the investment management, hedge funds, and alternative investments practice group. Jacob assists registered investment companies and their independent board members with regulatory and compliance matters arising under U.S. federal securities laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Jacob was a member of the William & Mary Appellate and Supreme Court Clinic. He also was a K&L Gates summer associate in 2015.
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Volunteer tutor, America Reads Challenge
- Student volunteer, Habitat for Humanity Hampton Roads
- “Tailored Shareholder Reports,” The Investment Lawyer, January 2023
- “Measuring Monopsony: Using the Antitrust Toolbox to Protect Market Competition,” 57 WM. & MARY L. REV. 299, 2015.
- “Widening the Playing Field: The Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger and Regulating New Competition,” 2015 CORNELL POL’Y REV. 59, 2015.