James Green is a partner in the corporate and transactional practice group in the London office.
His practice covers a broad range of corporate areas, including public company takeovers, domestic/ cross-border private M&A, fundraisings and other transactions on the Official List and AIM (acting for companies, as well as sponsors/ nominated advisers/ brokers), private equity/ venture capital investments, joint ventures and complex group reorganisations. James has experience in a range of sectors, including support services, media, technology, financial services, oil & gas, mining and energy.
He is consistently ranked in Chambers UK - “clients say he is "excellent," explaining that he is "cool under pressure and an excellent diplomat in a difficult transaction." (Chambers 2019); “he is a cross-border specialist… who provides "excellent advice" and is "very reliable” (Chambers 2018); “he provides clients with "commercially sound advice" in matters related to AIM IPOs, M&A and secondary offerings… he is "really helpful" and "found solutions to difficult situations." (Chambers 2017).
Immediately prior to joining the firm, James worked in the London office of another large international firm.
- E. Randolph Williams Award, 2009
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, Corporate Finance Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Global Real Estate Trends, Africa and Opportunities for 2017/2018, K&L Gates Annual Real Estate Breakfast Seminar, London (12 September 2017)
- International Oil and Gas Seminar, Houston (21 October 2014)
- "Accessing Global Capital on AIM," Atlanta, Georgia (29 July 2008)
- "The Business Review," Quoted Companies Alliance Regional Forum (26 September 2007)
- "AIM - The Critical and Complex Issues," London (17 October 2005)
- "AIM - The Flotation Process," London (17 May 2005)
- What is Involved in a Pre-pack Administration?, Securities & Investment Review, July 2009
- "Surviving Shareholders’ Rights", Bloomberg Law Journal (June 2009)