Jason Putnam Gordon is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office. He is a member of the Emerging Growth and Venture Capital practice group.
Prior to joining the firm Jason served as principal at the San Francisco office of an AmLaw 100 firm. Jason's practice focuses on venture capital and emerging growth companies. As such, Jason regularly represents companies through the entirety of their life cycle in matters related to venture capital financings, strategic corporate relationships, corporate formations, complex mergers and acquisitions, sales, and divestitures. Similarly, he frequently represents angel, strategic, and venture-fund investors on matters related to their portfolio companies. In that capacity, Jason concentrates his practice primarily in the life sciences and health technology verticals, but he also has experience in a wide range of other verticals, including artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, virtual reality, augmented reality, software, hardware, the Internet of Things, and agricultural technology.
- Named a Super Lawyer Rising Star (2015, 2017-2020)
- Served as an instructor of Business Law at U.C. Berkley Extension
- Served as a Supervising Attorney at the Startup Legal Garage at the Institute for Innovative law at Hastings College of Law
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Chair of the Barristers Solo & Small Firm Section, 2013-2015
- American Bar Association
- Speaker, "How to Do a Venture Capital Financing," Silicon Valley Startup: Idea to IPO, 13 January 2022