Jennifer Nagle is a commercial litigator with a demonstrated focus on working with clients to build dispute resolution strategies that balance advocacy and pragmatism. Jennifer has considerable experience across industries and legal practice areas, including in the areas of commercial contracts, employment and quasi-employment relationships, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, and federal and state consumer protection laws. Jennifer has extensively practiced in Federal and state courts throughout the United States, as well as in various mediation and arbitration settings (including before international arbitral tribunals).
Jennifer also has substantial expertise in class action defense having personally defended businesses, including financial services institutions, in dozens of state and federal class action lawsuits brought under federal consumer protection statutes such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, as well as under common law theories of liability and various state unfair and deceptive acts and practices laws. Jennifer regularly continues to represent and advise businesses to develop and implement effective class action strategies.
As a complement to Jennifer’s significant experience managing employment related disputes, Jennifer also regularly advises clients in the area of restrictive covenants, including as to compliance with state laws, assessment of hiring and separation risks, and strategic analysis related to enforcement of restrictive covenants through dispute resolution or resort to litigation.
Jennifer is an active member of the firm’s global Women in the Profession Committee, chairperson of the Boston office’s chapter of the committee, and co-chair of a committee taskforce directed at promoting women in the legal workplace.
Jennifer joined K&L Gates in September of 2007.
- National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Member, 2017 to present
- 2018 Mid-Year Meeting Planning Committee; Programming Subcommittee
- 2019 Challenge Club Member
- Canton Association of Parents and Teachers
- Special events, fundraising coordinator
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
- Troop Leader
- Consumer Finance 101: What Every Business Should Know, K&L Gates LLP Webinar Presentation (April 2018)
- Consumer Finance for Fintech Start-Ups, Boston University TechConnect 2018: The Future of Money, Live Presentation (February 16, 2018)
- Impact of Regulatory Actions on Private Litigation; Consumer Financial Services Litigation Hot Topics, 2017 Consumer Financial Services Symposium, Live Presentation (December 4, 2017).
- The Mortgage Lifecycle: Litigation Hotspots From Origination Through Foreclosure, K&L Gates LLP Webinar Presentation (February 24, 2016).
- Mentioned, "GOOGLE LLC: Sandofsky Appeals FCRA Suit Dismissal to 1st Cir.," Class Action Reporter, 5 October 2021