Jennifer Marsh is a partner in the firm's London office. She concentrates her practice on all aspects of competition law, including merger control and distribution issues.
In relation to merger control, Jennifer advises on merger control requirements in the UK and internationally, regularly making submissions to and securing clearance decisions from the Competition and Markets Authority. She also makes foreign investment filings under the UK’s newly enacted National Security and Investment Act regime.
Jennifer regularly advises consumer brands on distribution and go-to-market strategies, including the design and implementation of selective distribution systems, e-commerce strategies, and performance pricing policies. She defends clients’ distribution strategies before the competition authorities and in the courts.
Jennifer is ranked in Legal 500, where clients say:
“Jennifer Marsh provides exceptional advice in competition matters. She is able to bring together multiple strands of complexity and can distil the facts into business-friendly advice.”
“Jennifer Marsh is great to work with. She is responsive and always provides clear, sensible advice.”
“The team is extremely customer focused and oriented. Their entire mindset is around listening to your needs and finding the balanced solution that provides the legal protection, while addressing business needs. That is unique.”
Jennifer was a member of the highly regarded International Task Force of the American Bar Association from 2015-2018. Her clients include SharkNinja, Wella, Iittala, Cummins, Freeport McMoran, Arena Racing, K&N Air Filters, and PING.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer worked at the London and Berlin offices of a leading international law firm. She qualified in 2006.
- Recommended by Legal 500 for EU and Competition
- Recommended by Legal 500 for Retail & Consumer
- Selected as a 2016, 2015 and 2014 London Rising Star in Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers
- Member of The American Bar Association Section of Antitrust’s International Task Force 2014-2018
- Member of The American Bar Association and Representative on The International Committee of the Antitrust Section for 2013-14
- Member of The Competition Section of the Law Society of England and Wales
- “What’s Permitted & What’s Not: Go-To-Market Strategies in UK and Europe”, TrackStreet webinar, 4 August 2022
- “A Guide to Promotions and Pricing in the UK”, Revenue Management and Pricing International Conference, 8 June 2017
- “Brexit’s Impact on Competition Enforcement”, ABA Teleseminar, 30 June 2016
- “Best Available Rate and Competition Law: An Update”, European Tour Operators Association, 25 November 2015
- “Competition Compliance Training”, Client Seminar, 14 January 2016
- “Private Antitrust Litigation in the UK”, ABA Teleseminar, September 2014
- "Controlling Holiday Pricing and Competition Law”, ABTA Seminar, May 2014
- “Best Available Rates,” ETOA Seminar, September 2013
- “EU Competition Law: Update & Recent Developments,” Kaplan Webinar, October 2011
- “Best Available Rate and Competition Law - Are you at Risk?” ETOA Seminar, June 2011
- “Overview of UK Merger Control," client seminar, November 2009
- “Competition Law Compliance,” client seminar, September 2009
Jennifer earned her Modern Languages Diploma in German alongside her law degree from the University of Cambridge in 2001.
- “A Look At New Vertical Laws, Their Opportunities And Pitfalls,” Law360, 23 January 2023
- "The Business and Law of Fashion and Retail," International Issues, Carolina Academic Press, August 2020
- “German Lottery Monopoly under Fire,” Global Competition Review, October 1 2006